Steps to Submit:
- Select one of the eight proposed topics listed below
- Click the “Submit Your Abstract” button below and complete the form
- Attach your file in the requested format
- Click Submit
Overall Format (detailed instructions provided in the form)
- Typed in 12-point font
- 1” margins
- Please include page numbers
ACNM is seeking presenters that can present on the following eight topics (please note that the sessions are not final and may be subject to change):
- Current challenges and opportunities facing midwifery practice and education
ACNM is looking for speakers to discuss current challenges facing midwives and midwifery practice in the United States and potential policy-related opportunities to address these challenges. Challenges include restrictive regulatory landscapes and business-related barriers, including but not limited to scope of practice restrictions, prescriptive authority, institutional rules and bylaws, and third-party reimbursement.
- Challenges facing midwifery education programs and potential policy-related opportunities to address these challenges
Challenges include access to clinical sites and preceptors, attracting a diverse and qualified applicant pool, and addressing the cost of graduate-level education.
- How policy can impact midwifery practice
ACNM is looking for speakers to discuss ways in which state and federal policy can promote or limit the practice of midwifery.
- Tips for successfully using op-eds and social media as advocacy tools to promote the value of midwives and midwifery-led care
ACNM is looking for speakers who are print and social media savvy to share practical knowledge on how to stimulate ideas for potential uses of these communication tools to promote midwifery.
- Promoting culturally congruent maternity care
ACNM is looking for speakers who can discuss how promoting culturally congruent care is integral to helping eliminate racial and ethnic health disparities that women of color within our nation’s healthcare system experience and what policy solutions could be implemented to help foster culturally appropriate maternity care services.
- Emerging trends in Medicaid and maternity care
ACNM is looking for speakers who can discuss emerging trends in how states pay for maternity care services for their Medicaid population (e.g. implementing value-based payment models to improve quality and/or reduce costs).
- Tackling maternal mortality and morbidity
ACNM is looking for speakers to discuss public and private sector and/or maternal health stakeholder initiatives underway to make pregnancy and childbirth safer across the country.
- Integrating midwifery in health systems
ACNM is looking for speakers to discuss the benefits of a more integrated maternal health care system.